Dominik Kowald is a university assistant and PHD student at the
Knowledge Technologies Institute of Graz University of Technology.
Additionally, he is a senior researcher in the Social Computing division
at the Know-Center. He has a MSc. (with hons) and BSc. in
Software Engineering and Economy from Graz University of Technology
and is doing his PhD in the course of the European-funded projects Learning Layers and AFEL
on cognitive-inspired recommender systems for social tagging environments. Apart from that, he was working in several other COMET and European-funded projects such as Organic Lingua and ALICE.
His research interests are in the fields of recommender systems,
social tagging and microblogging systems, information retrieval, Big Data, Data Science,
and complex network analytics.
Please see the full cv for more information (). .pdf
- Kowald, D., Pujari, S., & Lex, E. (2017). Temporal Effects on Hashtag Reuse in Twitter: A Cognitive-Inspired Hashtag Recommendation Approach. In Proceedings of the 26th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW'2017). ACM. () .pdf
- Kowald, D., & Lex, E. (2016). The Influence of Frequency, Recency and Semantic Context on the Reuse of Tags in Social Tagging Systems. In Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HT'2016). ACM. () .pdf
- Kowald, D., & Lex, E. (2015). Evaluating Tag Recommender Algorithms in Real-World Folksonomies: A Comparative Study. In Proceedings of the 9th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys'2015). ACM. () ( .pdf) poster
- Kowald, D., Seitlinger, P., Trattner, C., & Ley, T. (2014). Long Time no See: The Probability of Reusing Tags as a Function of Frequency and Recency. In Proceedings of the companion publication of the 23rd international conference on World wide web companion (WWW'2014), pp. 463-468. International World Wide Web Conferences Steering Committee. () .pdf
- Seitlinger, P., Kowald, D., Trattner, C., & Ley, T. (2013). Recommending tags with a model of human categorization. In Proceedings of the 22nd ACM international conference on information & knowledge management (CIKM'2013), pp. 2381-2386. ACM. () .pdf